The Latest

I've not posted many updates recently, largely because I was feeling redundant in my updates.  Habit is a wonderful thing, however, and once I let the updates go a week went by before I knew it. 

Melody is doing much better.  Her voice is nearly back to normal.  Her strength is increasing.  She feels different (in a good way) but not near 100%.  As you know by now, the doctors encourage you not to discuss pain too much because there is a desensitization process that needs to take place as the body learns to feel normal again.  We see very positive signs so we are encouraged.  The therapy pool is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and the water therapy will help a lot.  Hopefully it will be operational by Tuesday.

The family routine is still quite a challenge.  I am not sure whether I can sustain it.  So far we have been getting by, but I am feeling the weariness of doing everything.  I may explore some options for help just to see what is there.  Consistency and the right kind of person are key.

So, the gist of it is that we are thankful for what we do see and hopeful for the future.  We try not to talk much about pain.  I am very busy with trying the keep the household running, and Melody is already doing all that she should do under the circumstances.  Please pray for our family management as we continue to juggle it all.  Pray for the water therapy to help too.